Mentor Match FAQs
What are the roles of a Mentee?
- Take initiative to drive the relationship with your Mentor and be responsible for your own growth and career development
- Responsible for scheduling meetings, establishing agendas and outlining next steps after each discussion
- Be receptive to feedback and suggestions and be willing to try new things
- Share information about background and career goals
- Set goals and develop a plan of action in conjunction with mentor
- Define what success means and what it looks like
- Challenge and self-reflect
- Set goals and commit to an action plan with Mentor
- Respect confidentiality
- Mentors and Mentees who are not in the same location are encouraged to proactively utilize technology of audio and video conferencing
What are some of the benefits of participating for Mentees?
- A sounding board for testing ideas and plans
- Help define realistic career goals
- Develop broader networks/contacts and influence
- Positive and constructive feedback on professional and personal development areas
- Accelerated learning process
- Increase confidence and self-awareness which helps build performance and contribution
- Insight into the various career options and paths under consideration
- Facilitate transition to another role/category/organization
- Provide different perspective on current issues and problems
- Share information, experiences and mistakes – lessons learned
- Build organizational awareness/political savvy
How do I become a Mentee?
If you are a WINiT Member, email firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified of the next enrollment period. If you are not a Member of WINiT, click here to join, then email email@example.com.
Who are the Mentors?
Mentors are other Members who have volunteered their time to support other Members' careers.
Can I have more than one Mentor?
No. Not during the WINiT Mentor Program.
How do I find a Mentor?
Once you have enrolled as a Mentee, go to the "Find a Mentor" page and enter the criteria you want to use for your Mentor search. Click on the Mentors' names to view their profiles. Once you have found a good match, click on the Mentor badge (seen below the Mentor's profile image) to send the Mentor an automated email request.
Can I request a Mentor in a different region?
Yes, you can identify your preferred region on the Mentee application and it will be factored in the selection process
What do I do when a Mentor has accepted my request?
You will receive a notification email when a Mentor has accepted your request. Please immediately follow the link to your "Mentoring Relationships" page (located under your Profile Page / My Connections). You can do so either through WINiT Connect by going to your Profile page and clicking My Account / Email or by click to your Mentor's profile from the Mentoring Relationships page and contacting them through their provided email or phone number.
What should I do if I don’t hear from the Mentor I requested?
If you don’t hear from the Mentor within one or two weeks, feel free to contact Dawn Repoli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I have difficulties interacting with my Mentor?
Sometimes, regardless of the information provided, Mentors and Mentees don’t always "fit." Contact Dawn Repoli at email@example.com and she will assist in providing support to the Mentor/Mentee and if the decision is made to end the relationship, she will help you through the process and, if desired, reassign to a new connection.
Where can I meet with my Mentor?
It is up to you and your Mentor to decide how, when and where you want to pursue your mentoring relationship. It is likely that most of your communication will occur by phone or electronically. The annual summit meeting offers a great opportunity to meet in person.
How long does the mentoring relationship last?
The WINiT Mentor program suggested duration is 6 months from the start of your Mentor/Mentee relationship. We recommend that you and your Mentor agree on a schedule that works best for both of you. The most important thing is to discuss your mutual expectations about time and communication at the start of your relationship.
What if I’m going to be on vacation or unavailable for a period of time?
Go to your "Mentee Profile" page by clicking on "My Profile", then under the "My Profile" tab, click "Mentee Profile". Click the “Edit Mentee Status” button. Then change your date range of availability to a time period in the past. Doing this will indicate that you are not accepting any requests at the moment, and your Mentee profile will not be included in a Mentor's search for a Mentee.
Can I unenroll from the program?
See the answer above for "What if I'm going to be on vacation or unavailable for a period of time?"